Recently our Board president and representatives from 5 of the lower peninsula communities met the County Executive, County Police Traffic control, a Parks and Rec Administrator, Park Rangers, and our local delegate. As a result of these meetings the following new policies that have been instituted:
1) New signage on Central Avenue alerting visitors when the Parks are full.
2) All visitor traffic at BTB Park is now routed into the parking area where they are informed when the Park is full (62 parking spaces) and directed to exit through the lot and out of the area. This avoids some of the cars from entering the Saunders Point neighborhood to turn around or park on our streets.
3) A sign has been posted at the end of Carvel Lane designating it as a local traffic only roadway. This is to keep people from parking at the end of Carvel and cutting through to the Mayo Beach area.
4) During Summer weekends we will have an increased police presence at the park and patrolling our neighborhood.
Lastly, there are a couple of changes at the BTB park coming in 2021 that will benefit our community:
1) The Triton Beach/Carvel Lane roadway will be reconfigured as part of the new park entrance and parking lot. This reconfiguration has been recently pushed back to this Fall.
2) There is consideration for setting up an online reservation system for park use on the weekends IF conditions warrant.
3) Two additional Park Rangers were hired and we are seeking additional police presence on the weekends during peak season.
KEEP MARYLAND BEAUTIFUL GRANT
Saunders Point Citizens Association was recently informed that we have been chosen to receive a Clean Up & Green Up Maryland Grant for our neighborhood median as part of the State’s Keep Maryland Beautiful Program.
This grant was awarded to encourage community groups and non-profit organizations statewide to promote neighborhood cleanliness and beautification by increasing litter removal, greening activities, community education and citizen stewardship.
Get your Saunders Point Gear!
Show your civic pride with a Saunders Point Gear. You can purchase various items at our shop at www.cafepress.com/saunderspoint. All proceeds go to support your Saunders Point Citizens
Association. More items coming soon!